1. Book Title: The Dead Girls' Dance Author: Rachel Caine
2. What is the main idea of the story? (use examples/quotes from text)
Claire has her share of challenges, like being a genius in a school that favours beauty over brains; where there is a homicidal girl in her dorm, and finding out that her college town id overrun with the living dead. On the upside, Claire has a new boyfriend with a vampire-hunting dad. But when a local fraternity throws the Dead Girls' Dance, all hell is really going to break loose. Claire trying to stay alive plus she watches her friend Michael get killed in front of her, and to top it all off, her boyfriend Shane's father is in town to get revenge for the death of his daughter and wife.
3. Discuss a character that created a strong reaction: (use examples/quotes from text)
Claire thought it was all a bad dream that Shane's dad Frank, and his bike mates just killed Michael, but when Claire opened her eyes, her friend Michael was dead on the floor in front of her. Frank snapped saying,"Shut those girls up Shane or I will!". Shane's father was terrifying.
4. Something unique and interesting about the story/book for readers to know: (use examples/quotes from text)
Claire didn't know what to do so she slipped off the couch and went to sit beside Eve. They put their arms around each other. Claire said to Eve,"Shhh, Michael's okay, it's all going to be okay."Claire didn't know why she said that, it was a lie. Shane's father stopped pacing and said,"Get up". He stood in front of his son and said,"Don't you dare give me any crap Shane, I told you to STAND UP!".
5. Who do you think would enjoy this book and why? (age, gender, interests)
Who wouldn't love a story full of vampires and vampire hunters that kill vampires who come after them? It's a way to survive in Morganville. Teen girls would love reading this.